Position: Sr. Product Designer
Location: San Bruno
Our Client's Customer Experience Design team is crafting effective, well-designed user experiences for customers who shop from their desktops and mobile devices. Our Product Designers work hands-on to deliver experiences through ideation, design exploration, prototyping, designing user-flows and testing. It’s deeply rewarding to see our work come to life at one of the world’s largest eCommerce companies.
As a Sr. Product Designer, you’ll help our customers live better by improving their web and mobile experiences. You’ll apply your expertise in interactive design, visual design, and prototyping, tapping into your empathetic brain to solve complex eCommerce challenges. You will liaise with partners in Product, Engineering and Analytics, and dedicate your team’s collective creativity to delivering experiences that delight our customers.
We seek passionate, customer-centric Visual and Interactive Designers with experience working in cross-functional teams. You’ll provide products with recommendations, make design decisions with minimal guidance, and jump into your role to make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
- Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
- Execute visually – using techniques like storyboards, sketching and producing mock-ups and comps – to communicate visual layouts and interaction design concepts.
- Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
- Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our customers every day.
- Be part of a fun, humble team, that is always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
- A strong, diverse product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs both visually and experientially.
- Excellent grasp of Design-thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual execution, with the know-how to move from pencil-and-paper to layout with pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
- Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, ability to visually articulate our brand, build new, re-usable patterns).
- Deep understanding of design principals, processes and industry trends.
- Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can clearly explain your design rationale.
- Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
- Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual, UI and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in and navigating a corporate environment independently.
- Delivered successful designs for responsive web, iOS and Android.
- Experience building efficient sites and scalable systems in eCommerce.
- Bachelor’s in Visual Design, User Experience (UX), Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.
**If interested, please send an up-to-date resume & portfolio to email@example.com**
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178