Our client is a leader in custom engineered materials for critical product components in a wide range of markets and applications. The company provides deep material science expertise, outstanding customer service through broad geographic coverage and trusted product reliability.
Job Summary: The Senior Product Manager will hold P&L responsibility for over $50 million in annual sales and will be accountable to grow top and bottom line results in line with company targets across North America.
This position would put you at the forefront of a number of strategic growth initiatives, providing extensive exposure to executive and senior leadership throughout our organization as well as to partners and customers. As a Product Manager, you are a key part of our clients team with the opportunity to contribute to and shape our ongoing growth strategy. Extensive knowledge of blown and cast film manufacturing processes and end markets is required to succeed in the role.
- Define short and long term product line strategy to deliver top and bottom line growth
- Collaborate with key functional leaders across operations, supply chain, sales, customer service, market development, NPD and finance to implement the product line strategy via key projects and programs
- Chair cross-functional business team, including monthly meetings, to drive accountability for results, using key performance metrics, as defined by the team and executive leadership
- Analyze profitability on a monthly basis, identifying and driving near term actions to improve results
- Manage all customer contracting activities including drafting and approval management
- Define and proactively manage value-based pricing strategy and daily execution of quotes via pricing Adjust tactics to meet changing market conditions and balance revenue growth and margin expansion
- Monthly report out on progress vs key metrics to executive leadership
- Provide daily support to sales and customer service by driving internal action items to resolve customer issues and accelerate new business closes
- Manage the day-to-day business processes, including approving exceptions to MOQs, inventory, rush order and pricing policies / guidelines, for the product track exceptions and quantify financial impact to drive improvement.
- Provide monthly update on strategic inventory needs to meet market expectations for lead time. Collaborate with supply chain, finance and operations to meet inventory targets on DSI without impacting customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years as a Product Manager and/or 10+ years in Application Development, Marketing or Operations within blown and cast film industry
- Extensive knowledge of blown and cast film manufacturing processes and end markets such as healthcare and packaging
- Effectively synthesize and communicate analyses in writing (presentations, memos)
- Limited domestic travel required (<20%)
- Good financial and business acumen with a proven ability to understand business priorities and financial measures
- Ability to evaluate potential opportunities, including strategic analysis, and a demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross- functional problems
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and manage competing demands
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build very good working relationships with managers, coworkers, and customers
- Ability to plan and organize when priorities are changing due to business needs
- Demonstrate confidence and understanding during stressful situations
- Able to deal properly with sensitive and confidential information
- Must be dedicated to continuous improvement