MarketPro is partnering with a market leading technology company based in Chicago to find their Sr Product Manager. As a market leader for both commercial and residential customers this brand has deep expertise developing products and systems to improve and secure, our lives
The Senior Product Manager will have overall responsibility to lead the development and commercialization of a multi-million dollar category. This individual will exhibit thought-leadership and initiative to proactively identify and move forward market growth opportunities. The Senior Product Leader will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. A successful incumbent is expected to:
(i) Develop, communicate and implement product strategy for assigned business unit product portfolio; deliver brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated marketing planning and pricing strategies and
(ii) Drive annual and multi-year operating plans and results for their product portfolio, which is aligned to overall CGI business objectives (revenue, gross profit, operating income, quality, delivery, cost and innovation); track product portfolio financial performance; ensure organizational alignment of product portfolio priorities and goals.
- Manage specific products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) research, defining the product vision, and making sure products meet customer FFU’s
- Championing innovative solutions to market opportunities, and align the cross functional capabilities and the investor community towards pursuit of projects that maximize long term value.
- Develop, communicate and implement product strategy for assigned business unit product portfolio; deliver brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated marketing planning and pricing strategies
- Drive annual and multi-year operating plans and results for their product portfolio, which is aligned to overall company business objectives (revenue, gross profit, operating income, quality, delivery, cost and innovation); track product portfolio financial performance; ensure organizational alignment of product portfolio priorities and goals
- Support achievement of full P&L objectives for the business unit, driving profitability, volume growth and market share, as well as execution of product and services
- Own achievement of product portfolio average net selling price and gross margin, recommending and implementing pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails to extract maximum value on new and existing products; focus on growing revenue through product line mix and average net selling price improvements, improving margin through cost reductions and updating product line with incremental innovation, growing engagement through improvements to user experience
- Define and communicate the product portfolio vision in support of the business unit strategy, including maintaining a clear product roadmap aligned to business goals in the short- and long-term; emphasis should be on fast-paced new product development, sustaining product support and insight driven; product strategy should include both hardware and software focus in order to deliver compelling user experiences
- Develop and implement the strategy for their product offering, brand, and channels; partner with marketing, sales, and customer experience leaders to develop go-to-market strategies to win in targeted customer segments; lead the creation of end-to-end operational plans to drive profitably, grow and scale the business; work cross functionally to ensure achievement of product line objectives
- Serve as a Product Owner leading the development and owning the implementation and sustaining of the end user connected experience, including uncovering real-time consumer insights, driving user experience requirements, creating business cases and winning value propositions, and leading cross-functional development teams
- Ensure the cross-functional marketing team has the necessary processes and procedures in place to manage the quality, cost, and delivery of products; identify areas for improvement, propose improvements to leadership and ensure team takes action when corrections are needed
- Interface with analysts, media/PR outlets, key industry conferences in order to educate customers, partners and end users about our vision, strategy and new product innovations; represent the company with customers, competitors, trade associations, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups
- Develop a clear after-sales and service strategy to ensure customers are cultivated and supported in the long term, with the Customer Experience and Marketing teams, as appropriate
- Provide product content guidance and prioritization, integrated marketing planning and pricing strategies, facilitating and/or leading daily scrum activities, and executing against clearly defined timelines
- Protect company reputation by keeping information confidential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed
- Education requirements include: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years in marketing and/or product management.
- Prior experience working with hardware and software offerings
- Exposure to/work in the IOT space, highly desired.
- Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
- Influencing others effectively and sustainably with and without authority
- Business and financial acumen-Increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
MarketPro is the leading interim marketing executive and marketing executive search firm in the USA. Whether your need is interim / contract or direct placement, we provide top companies with talent that exceeds expectations both functionally and culturally. Our recruiters know the best marketing talent, because they are experienced marketers. MarketPro places talent all marketing related disciplines and does so in less time with a higher success ratio than anyone else in the industry.