Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Product Manager in the Fraud and Security Intelligence (FSI) Division, you will be responsible for shaping FSI’s future platform into an indispensable solution for enterprise customers across the globe. With your knowledge of cloud technologies, you will help FSI deliver value to customers more quickly. You will work on a team with FSI and be asked to shape the future of how we deliver cloud-based solutions supporting customers with their entire analytics lifecycle. This role also analyzes new and emerging software technologies, partnering with appropriate R&D teams to drive assessment and adoption.
- Define and prioritize product requirements based on business drivers, customer inputs, market direction, and field contribution.
- Translate business requirements into technical, functional, and non-functional requirements
- Define user personas and write use cases.
- Collaborate with and drive product development in R&D based on requirements management, risk management, risk mitigation, and product lifecycles.
- Support product launches as primary content provider to facilitate knowledge transfer of product functionality to delivery, marketing and sales.
- Present product vision, roadmap, and software demonstrations to internal constituents, customers, press and analysts, etc.
- Identify new market opportunities and evaluate emerging technology and business issues that may present opportunities or threats to the company.
- Serve as a product champion by analyzing external market trends, competition, opportunities that impact the user and capabilities of the platform.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related discipline
- Five-plus years of experience in experience in product management, marketing, sales, consulting or related function in the technology industry, preferably with a software vendor
- Knowledge and experience with cloud computing models (SaaS, PaaS) and cloud-native development methodologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage in technical discussions with customers, partners, and industry analysts
- Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated history of making good decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple business units
- Ability to innovate and define creative solutions with compelling user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- A self-starter with bias toward action and the know-how to balance getting details right while still moving fast
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, as the job requires
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves:
- Experience within the Fraud, AML or Security Intelligence Industry
- Experience with SAS programming and/or SAS products such as Visual Analytics
- Expertise with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing environments such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with API management platforms and in “APIs as products”
- Experience with design thinking
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn