A Senior Product Manager willdirect the development of the company value proposition and marketing initiatives for various products PLCs, HMIs and Software Supportincluding product strategy definition, requirements analysis, and pricing strategies. Develop annual and long-term marketing plans, manage product lifecycles, and develop product positioning strategies in the marketplace. Reduce broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans. Oversee market research, monitor competitive activity, and identify customer needs. Interact with Field Application Engineers and Sales Personnel to define new product development requirements and enhancements to existing products and communicate needs to factory. Develop plans and initiatives so that select products PLC's, HMIs, and Software Supportwill be a significant profitable sales contributor to Mitsubishi Electric Automation growth.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage product life cycle in terms of development, launch, growth, maturity, and phase-out.
- Develop and implement long-term product strategies to support profitable sales growth and market share expansion.
- Plan and implement new product introductions including market penetration strategy, pricing, promotion, training, demonstrations, and literature.
- Understand products, applications, systems, and business needs of potential customers.
- Provide on-site sales support for key and target customers.
- Perform market, industry, and competitor research.
- Monitor target account activity.
- Manage projects in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and/or third parties.
- Liaison to factory and overseas marketing personnel to define, justify, and coordinate new product development and product requirements for North and Latin America.
- Coordination with Supply Chain Management on sales forecasts, new product introductions, and product phase-out, in an effort to support inventory planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervise approximately 2-5 employees in the Product Marketing department, as assigned by Manager.
- Oversee daily activities, and manage the performance of the staff.
- Adhere to supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform interviews, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 35% travel – mostly within the Americas and Japan
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- BS in Engineering or Marketing preferred: BS in Business equivalent will be considered.
- 10-15 years’ experience in industrial automation sales, marketing, and/or applications engineering.
- Experience with a wide variety of industrial automation applications.
- Extensive commercial and technical knowledge of industrial automation products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong group presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong relating skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to create clean, crisp, and effective PowerPoint presentations
- Computer Skills / Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)