Position: Sr. Production Engineer
Location: Montville, NJ
Job Type: Direct Hire
Hours: Full time M-F
The Sr. Production Engineer is primarily responsible for the technical management, maintenance and development of new and existing production lines. In this role the Production Engineer will develop, implement, and maintain methods, operation sequences, test equipment, and processes that continually ensure that equipment capacity will meet customer demand. The Production Engineer will also implement process improvements based on demonstrated improved yield results and participate in defect reduction activities and lean initiatives.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of related experience in a production/operations environment
- 5+ years’ experience in design and manufacturing of valves, piping and related fluid and/or auxiliary equipment
- Knowledgeable of high pressure fluids, clean rooms, and electronic test equipment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organization, as well as any and all outside agents
- Highly computer literate, with MS Office/PC expertise, and demonstrated experience with applicable systems, programs, equipment, etc.
Essential or Primary / Key Responsibilities:
- Design new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or the improvement of existing products
- Develop and maintain testing policies, procedures, and performance metrics, in order to achieve targeted manufacturing objectives
- Investigate, assess and resolve production issues effectively
- Implement improvements to current operations to improve efficiency
- Effectively communicate with suppliers to procure necessary equipment
- Assemble and test production hardware
- Analyze layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization to maximize efficiency
- Contribute to the ability of the Operations function to meet intended design requirements, by understanding and properly utilizing manufacturing tools and equipment
- Design detailed assembly procedures and tooling.
- Generate procedures from various industry and aerospace specifications.
- Design test fixtures.
- Communicate designs with machinist.
- Understand various machining techniques.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to tool/fixture design, material selection, facility layout plans, cost estimates, DFM concepts, GT&D practices, machine shop documentation (oper./tooling sheets, routers, etc.), root cause investigations, trouble shooting, performance metrics and machine shop operational activities
- Secure external resources (subcontracted services) to maintain and ensure equipment is operational
- Perform all practices and activities related to Mfg. Eng. in a manner which supports commonality, standardization (where applicable), First Past Yield and utilization of safe/best industry practices
- Create, maintain and refine detailed mfg. documentation (i.e. Operation Sheets, Routers, Set-up/Tooling sheets, etc.) through effective selection of manufacturing methods (inclusive of inspection point selection)
- Generate, optimize, validate and maintain C.N.C. Programs through the effective application of CAD/CAM software
- Design efficient/safe tools and fixtures required to support operations
- Generate accurate estimates (i.e. set-up, cycle time, material, etc.) using cost effective mfg. methods
- Define, monitor and communicate the status of performance metrics to management. Implement appropriate actions to resolve identified issues
- Effectively communicate issues in a timely manner to all affected parties internal/external
- Contribute to a positive, cooperative and safe work environment through effective communication
- Participate in root cause investigations, troubleshooting activities (as req’d), continuous improvement initiatives/programs, etc.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer M/F/IWD/Veterans
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY