Program Manager - Federal Division - 2010578
What you will do
Our Navy Systems business has been supplying air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and services to the US Navy since 1917. The Sr. Program Manager will be responsible for the execution and performance of our Navy Aftermarket program area encompassing Spares, Repairs, and Field Service through effective customer engagement, leadership, strategy development, program execution, and overall P&L management. This role partners with the cross functional organization to optimize program / contract performance to ensure customer satisfaction in support of the business’s goals and strategic plan. As a key leader in the business you will be actively engaged with the Johnson Controls Navy Systems (JCNS) leadership team reporting into the Director, Contracts / Programs, Navy Systems.
Location: Grantley Plant in York, PA
Travel: Up to 15%
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
How you will do it
• Defines, plans, develops, and executes strategies, policies, practices, and programs that leverage the corporation’s skills, capabilities, and experience for government and commercial customers in support of business objectives.
• Work closely and be actively engaged with our Navy customers including Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and various shipyards.
• Full P&L responsibility with experience managing a high mix/volume program area of ~$50M.
• Conducts regular reviews of program performance through various measures to ensure objectives are met, including budget and time constraints.
• Leads and manages a diverse team of direct and indirect reports (e.g. contracts, planning, scheduling, shipping / receiving, field service).
• Work cross-functionally to forge collaborative relationships to drive best practices.
• Establishes and clearly communicates program area vision, implementing service delivery methodologies and processes across multiple task orders while maintaining a level of program structure, program quality, and operating within Government defined standards.
• Lead and participate in contract negotiation and changes; coordinate preparation of proposals, business plans, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of the contract.
• Manage program financials in accordance with Johnson Controls policies and standards.
• Participate in strategic business planning, business development activities, solution development, and drive innovation, and alignment of corporate investments with new and emerging customer needs; identify opportunities for growth.
• Meet and engage with clients and stakeholders to establish relationships, understand requirements, and communicate accomplishments or issues. Ensure collaboration between programs and stakeholders.
• Monitor, control, and communicate project, budget, staffing, schedule, and performance status; prepare status reports; effectively manage program and project scope.
• Identify and assess program risks and issues, and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices.
• Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from relatively long-term perspective.
• Interact with senior management and others concerning matters of significance to the company.
• Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences including Johnson Controls and key stakeholders.
What we look for
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years’ experience in progressive program management roles or related experience.
• 5+ years’ management and strategic experience in this field.
• Experience leading major aftermarket programs in a Department of Defense (DoD) contracting environment, preferably supporting the Navy.
• Proven ability to manage complex tasks to completion through coordinated execution of cross-functional support.
• Experience with managing functional direct reports as well as overseeing large indirect program teams to ensure cross-functional alignment of priorities (e.g. Procurement, Contracts, Finance, Operations) to achieve business goals.
• Ability to develop, implement, and manage project plans to include detailed task definition, resource requirements, schedule, quality, and cost parameters.
• Strong foundational understanding of the PMBOK with depth in experience related to its practical application toward the execution of programs / contracts.
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with leadership, peers, subordinates, indirect staff, customers, and suppliers.
• Possesses strong leadership and critical thinking skills to enable sound business judgement.
• Excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills, along with strong analytical and project management skills – data driven and results oriented.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
• PMP certification
Who we are
The primary mission of Johnson Controls Navy Systems is to supply Chilled Water Air Conditioning Plants, Refrigeration Systems and associated equipment to the US Navy and US Coast Guard. Johnson Controls Navy Systems is a part of the Johnson Controls Federal Systems business. Our robust, high reliability products are designed, manufactured and tested in York, PA to military and other stringent customer specifications. Most of our designs are custom engineered for the specific application
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes long)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)