Job Title: Senior Project Business Analyst, Finance Business Operations
This position is responsible for providing technical-functional leadership to the Finance Business Operations team in the development of end-to-end functional solutions. Assist the team in delivering the Accounting requirements for multiple strategic and functional projects. Collaborate with various cross functional teams such as, Accounting (AR, AP, Cost, Revenue, Intercompany, etc), IT and marketing to ensure overall projects are implemented successfully and within the timelines. Lastly provide support and documentation to the finance group, internal audit and/or external accountants and follow up on post-implementation issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, such as, finance, IT, R&D, legal and marketing to research and develop effective process solutions with a focus on scaling the business to higher volumes and minimizing manual workarounds.
- Develop a strong understanding of underlying internal software systems and their inter-dependencies by liaising with finance, IT resources and other subject matter experts.
- Facilitate the gathering of requirements by working with the finance group to understand their business and technical needs.
- Resolve ambiguities, inconsistencies and conflicting business and technical requirements to build consensus and drive to agreed-upon solutions.
- Critically identify and help address issues concerning system limitations, gaps in process or inefficient procedures.
- Document finances’ requirements in sufficient detail for IT and users to understand. Clarify processes and requests in a logical manner and with a practical approach.
- Facilitate communication with developers to ensure that the business requirements are translated to design specifications and appropriate testing efforts.
- Create functional specification documents as needed for projects.
- Create test case scenarios to validate the new system requirements, data conversions, workflows and end-user procedures are working appropriately and/or other unaffected areas remain unchanged.
- Analyze data inconsistencies from testing to determine data integrity, system issues or reporting issues.
- Document the results of validation testing thoroughly so that Internal Audit may rely upon the findings. Troubleshoot any issues by engaging IT or other subject matter experts.
- Proactively communicate project status to Project Manager, Finance Business Operations and finance team members, as appropriate.
- Ensure new or changed finance processes are documented, tested and are appropriately transitioned to existing finance personnel.
- Support the overall Company’s strategic objectives by actively participating in project meetings, as necessary.
- Ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Have a solid understanding of Align’s Accounting process/procedures and key internal controls.
- Build relationships with cross functional team members to influence changes and gather support.
- May take on additional responsibilities or projects, as needed.
- Effective working in a team environment by building strong relationships with team and cross functionally.
- Strong analytical skills primarily focused on financial process and system integrations
- Solid business acumen, especially in the areas of finance processes and systems
- Ability to identify risks, opportunities and potential solutions to improve business processes
- Direct and open communication by setting appropriate expectations and follow up on projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Ability to communicate and resolve issues in a direct and concise manner with poise and tact
- Written communications should be detailed and thorough
- Candidate should be detailed oriented and have a solid understanding of financial statements and integrated financial systems
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts and circumstances, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical system instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Strong ability to reason through processes and challenge inconsistencies or processes that do not optimize business objectives within scope and/or timeline
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of accounting and project experience required
- Experience working with IT development staff on complex projects.
- Experience in business analysis and project management
- Experience in cross functional projects, such as, an implementation of financial or ERP systems
- 7+ years experience with SAP Finance modules required
- Experience with functional accounting cycle
- Experience with revenue deferrals and recognition preferred
- Write basic SQL queries
- Understanding of GAAP
- BA/BS in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA a plus
- Certified Project Manager Professional a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP and SOX requirements
- The candidate should be proficient in Excel; ability to write complex SQL queries preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK SCHEDULE / HOURS
Regular business hours; and may involve additional time as project timelines require.
For Manufacturing Sites, complete the following sections:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
SKILLS REQUIRED: LANGUAGE SKILLS