PBF Energy Inc. (NYSE:PBF) one of the largest independent refiners in North America, operating, through its subsidiaries, oil refineries and related facilities, has an immediate need for a talented Pipeline Integrity Engineer -Logistics. This position will be based out of our Cerritos, CA location.
Perform project management and engineering services related to the Department’s assets, primarily petroleum pipelines and terminals. Engineer will work to execute projects and complex technical assignments to ensure safety, reliability and integrity. The Engineer will also use their expertise to help mentor fellow engineers.
- Plan and manage capital project work to enable business and commercial objectives
- Research projects and make evaluations and decisions as needed. This includes projects related to expansion, regulatory requirements, and modification projects.
- Apply economic evaluations such as cost savings, profit improvements and operational improvements that are implemented within the Engineering Department.
- Produce scope, project plan, cost estimate, AFE form, schedule, MOC (Management of Change) and other required documentation to help with the process of project identification and evaluation.
- Manage and execute projects within budget, schedule, regulatory requirements, and industry accepted practices, as well as leading directing others as appropriate (for both capital projects and expense projects).
- In managing construction through all phases, coordinate with operations to develop operations, maintenance and start-up procedures.
- Communicate project progress and results in a concise and understandable manner at agreed-upon frequency.
- Exercise a multi-disciplinary approach to projects that involve a high degree of interaction between Inter-Departmental and Inter-Company groups, using own experience and outside sources.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams and serve as a technical leader (e.g. in developing engineering standards).
- Interact with assigned business teams to optimize performance of Logistics assets.
- Apply knowledge and experience to very complex problems using relevant information sources, including other Inter-Departmental groups.
- Provide technical guidance.to operating personnel.
- Support incident investigations.
- Develop solutions for complex projects to meet objectives.
- Mentor and provide direction to less senior engineers.
- Contribute to short and long range Department planning and budgeting.
- Communicate project progress and results in a concise and understandable manner.
- Participate in determining departmental assignment priority.
- Support the Department’s safety, health, and environmental policies.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant job experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Environmental, Electrical, Civil, Mechanical Engineering or similar field of study
- Working knowledge of PHMSA Part 195, ASME B31.3/4, and API 650/653 along with the requirements and design criteria contained in these documents.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret surveying documents, including easements, plats, field work, Alignment and As-Built drawings.
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational and skills for working with all levels within the Company.
- Prior experience managing inter-disciplinary projects, and demonstrated exposure/competencies in the following areas:
- Mechanical – Piping, Valves, Metering, Hydraulics, Pumps/Seal Systems
- Civil – Foundations, Tanks, Supports, Marine Structures
- Electrical – Automation, Controls, Instrumentation, Motors, Power
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Please note – We thank all respondents for their interest in PBF Energy, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of PBF via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of PBF. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PBF Energy Company as a result of the referral or through other means. PBF is an equal opportunity employer. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Manufacturing Project Engineer