Kratos provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos to solve their most difficult RF problems. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.kratosdefense.com/.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
The Senior Project Management position is an exciting opportunity based in Lanham, MD that encompasses dimensions of Project Management and leadership with knowledge of Systems Development, Engineering, and Integration. The successful candidate will work directly with the Kratos Space Federal team, including engineering, finance, program management, and business development. Our project managers team with our functional managers to develop long term visions in strategic business pursuits, successfully create solutions for executing programs, and expand our business pipeline by listening and responding to current and potential customer needs.
Experience and Skills
- Candidate will have Bachelor of Science degree in a related technical discipline and 10 or more years practical experience in technology or engineering applications.
- Prior experience in Project Management or Technical Leadership roles.
- Working knowledge of space systems, including ground systems, satellite command and control, RF systems, and system development processes.
- Direct experience managing within different FFP and T&M contract vehicles.
- Direct experience with DoD space acquisition processes and programs
- Project Management Certification (desired)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Active TS clearance required.
- Position is located in Lanham, MD.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.