Topgolf is seeking a Project Manager capable of leading innovative technology projects at one of the fastest growing companies around.
The purpose of the Project Manager role is to manage the delivery of new technology and infrastructure capabilities across our venues, each involving multiple teams which enable premier guest experiences. What do our guests want? Who will draw ideas out from our business partners and help shape them into new features? Who could possibly herd all the cats required to turn ideas into tangible results – brand new venue games, guest experiences and functionality that keeps our guests delighted and our business growing? That’s you my friend. Come lead the charge!
- Work with our business partners to figure out what needs to get done. Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders to establish the project deliverables and scope.
- Work with appropriate delivery teams to translate the business requirements and establish a work breakdown structure
- Prepare detailed project plans and schedules to meet project goals, revising as necessary
- Responsible for all high-level project documentation and ongoing communications
- Manage day to day operational aspects of projects, including scope, schedule, budget, and quality
- Develop and manage to release schedule, including test, launch support, and business readiness
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Lead a cross-functional project team and improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and foster employee engagement. o Use leadership and influencing skills to ensure that cross-functional resources are held accountable for task and outcome completion.
- Collaborate with other PM’s and leverage existing tools to optimize management of projects.
- 7+ years’ experience in function
- Proven ability to influence and lead others in a multi-team environment
- Experience applying project management best practices in the absence of entrenched standards
- Proven ability to manage client expectations and balance results with capacity
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects
- Create and maintain project schedules in Smartsheet or similar tools; managing task dependencies, resourcing, milestones, etc.
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Ability to establish credibility with business and technology stakeholders and become a trusted partner
- Working with stakeholders to balance business needs with technology capabilities
- Ability to effectively work in ambiguous environments
- Analytical thinking
- Strong customer focus
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence or other online work collaboration tools
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Formal training in PMBOK, PRINCE2, or other project management principles is preferred
- PMP or Scrum Certification is preferred