Power Delivery Project Manager
Locations: Philadelphia PA, Rochester NY
We are seeking a Power Delivery Project Manager to join our team in our Philadelphia, PA office. The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to new or rebuilding of overhead transmission lines. You will be responsible for managing the overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management as well as establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and any other project stakeholder. Great opportunity to join a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
- Manage overall project performance (quality, scope, schedule, cost, communication, resource issues, risks, and customer satisfaction), utilizing the resources of team members.
- Serve as single point-of-contact by establishing, maintaining, and managing customer, subcontractor, and joint venture partner's expectations (where applicable) relating to project performance.
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Report project status and performance data as required to management, project sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Plan, monitor, and control the project throughout its life cycle (bid, contract award, engineering/design, procurement, construction, close out).
- Work closely with the project team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to the client’s satisfaction
- At any given time could be involved in a combination of:
- Managing a major project.
- Mentoring others.
- Assist in marketing and business development activities.
- Assist in engineering changes to the project plans.
- Developing process and procedures for managing Projects.
- Developing Standards for Engineering Project Execution (Checklists, Flowcharts, etc.)
- BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as PM for Electric Power Delivery Projects
- Knowledge of Transmission, Distribution and Substation Projects
- Knowledge and application of Project Management processes.
- Knowledge and application of Financial Management.
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms.
- Experience / knowledge of construction operations, power transmission & distribution design, financial acumen and team-based management.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient understanding of CPM scheduling and associated software applications (Primavera, MS Project) is required.
Salary: DOE plus bonus. Relocation assistance. Comprehensive benefits.