Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Responsible for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained building, placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs, in coordination in conjunction with the owner's goals and objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in solidifying positive relationship with owner by being proactive and responsive to owners' needs and requests.
- Assist senior management in understanding and working with the client to determine the goals and objective for the performance of the real estate assets. Assist Vice President and Portfolio Manager in developing and implementing recommendations to position the property to achieve the highest value consistent with the owner's objective.
- Prepare and report information in a timely fashion to designated staff as set forth by Newmark Knight Frank and the property owners.
- Create and develop upgrades to services being provided by the company in an effort to exceed client expectations.
- Develop and implement staffing plans and job descriptions as required for assigned sites and promote continuous education for all on-site personnel.
- Bottom line responsibility for the preparation, presentation and content of the annual operating budget and monthly financial reporting package.
- Responsible for the final review and approval all annual lease reconciliation and estimates.
- Establish goals and objectives for the performance of the on-site staff in meeting set goals and objectives in a timely and efficient manner. Prepare employee evaluations and make promotion and compensation recommendations.
- Develop a resource plan with overall accountability for delivering a completed project, meeting customer requirements, within set budgets and schedules.
- Prepare lease abstracts and, in some cases, may have final approval authority of all lease abstracts and final document output.
- Review specifications prepared for service contracts. Responsible for selection and final award of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and the overall monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Review and approval of payables and receivables as prepared at the site level.
- Review and supervise all accounting output as prepared by the accounting department as required by the property.
- Weekly visits to sites to review policies and procedures, personnel performance, and approving invoices requiring signature. Quarterly inspections of all properties contained within the portfolio.
- Responsible for short and long range planning for all properties assigned.
- Ensure that all fire, life safety and other safety programs are established and followed in conjunction with the Environmental Health and Safety Act.
- Maintain a positive image in performing daily work both internally and externally.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Other Job Functions:
- Responsible for providing input to proposal efforts with the senior management.
- Work with management to develop and implement outstanding service programs for clients and tenants within portfolio.
- Work closely with management to ensure the property(s) succeeds as a profit center or expense control for ownership.
- May be required to conduct market surveys, recommend pricing, develop marketing programs, and establish broker rapport in support of leasing objectives.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field. RPA and CCIM or CPM certification required.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in property operations.
- Knowledge in all aspects of business including leasing and construction management.
- Must have been responsible for a portfolio of three or more projects with direct reports.
- Valid real estate license in States that require it.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.