This is the career you’ve been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you’ll get the unique chance to impact some of the world’s most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights.
We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.
- BA/BS Required; Public Relations, Communications and/or Journalism
- 5+ years of work experience in Public Relations, Marketing, agency experience a plus
- Mastery of PR and experience with integrated communications including social media and influencer work preferred
- Previous experience working in a B2B and/or B2C environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Cision/Vocus, BurrellesLuce Tracking, PRNewsWire
- Previous experience working with influencers and/or high visibility campaigns, desired
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and experience with Media Relations
- Self-starter with proven track record of success in Public Relations
- Ability to understand and interpret highly technical products into simplified terms
- 15% travel expected to industry events, product launches, etc.
The Enterprise Communications team at Stanley Black & Decker serves as a global center of excellence for internal and executive communications, branding and reputation, and employee engagement. The team partners with business units and functions to support strategic objectives and ensure strong relationships with key stakeholders, including employees, customers, investors, members of the media and community partners.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public Relations and located in Towson, Maryland, this role will lead the public relations and integrated communications activity for a variety of brands, with an emphasis in B2B brands in the GTS portfolio. Some of GTS’ powerful global brands include STANLEY, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN and LENOX.
We’re seeking a high-energy, self-starting Public Relations Manager who has the drive to push innovative ideas forward working both independently and in a matrixed organizational environment. The ideal candidate will hit the ground running, be an expert storyteller - finding the hook to pitch stories to the media and influencers. This person will take on full responsibility of day to day public relations and media relations projects and executing tactics for their respective brands, contributing as a key member of the Global Customer Experience (GCX) team.
The Public Relations Manager will build and enhance a favorable image of the brands with employees, executives, customers, media, influencers and the public. This individual will be responsible for supporting campaign and commercial executions with some of our largest customers.
- Research, write and review news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, white papers, etc.
- Prepare and submit entries for all potential product reviews / awards
- Manage internal communication of PR/MarCom activity
- Support, plan and manage execution of events including media events, trade shows, gift guide shows, desk-side briefings, etc.
- Pitch story ideas and serve as “the” resource to media contacts in our space
- Respond to media inquiries and maintain strong relationships with media/influencers
- Manage timely process product requests, filter requests to ensure right fit and worth the investment placement
- Maintain online newsrooms and prepare media background kits as needed
- Liaise with legal teams to ensure compliance in documentation and external communications.
- Measurement Analytics: Measure effectiveness of campaigns, set goals and manage results vs goals on a monthly / quarterly / annual basis
Benefits & Perks
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
What You’ll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren’t linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you’ll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that’s how the best work gets done. You’ll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You’ll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.