About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Frontier Communications is looking for a talented Sr. Python Developer who can deliver high-performance and intuitively designed applications using a wide range of modern technologies and practices.
The Sr. Python Developer responsibilities include participating in the entire software development life cycle to design and create network equipment provisioning solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Requirements analysis: review technical user stories with the stakeholders.
- System Architecture: participate in technical design of new and updated functionality with our team, other Frontier teams, as well as external companies.
- Feature development: developing functionality across the full stack including database, services and Linux system integration.
- Maintenance: investigate, troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes for software defects
- Testing: work closely with Quality Assurance and software development engineers to ensure that code is exercised in an automated way that ensures consistent quality.
- Dev ops functions: working with the operations team to support our deployment process.
- Documentation: support the sustainability of the systems by providing concise documentation about the applications and process.
- Mentoring: provide code reviews, training, and paired programming to other members of the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience, or 10+ years of industry related experience
- Must be a self-starter, needing little direction and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment
- Telecom Experience: Experience with network equipment and provisioning actions.
- Programming Languages: Python, Java.
- Database technologies: Oracle, MySQL, and MS SQL.
- Web technologies: JSON, REST services
- Operating Systems: Linux, Docker
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous telecom experience.
- Experience with networking equipment: Cisco, Ciena, Juniper, Adtran, etc.
- Experience with element management systems.
- Experience with Blue Planet software
- Experience with writing clean code using current patterns and practices.
- Experience in an agile and scrum environment, working in cross functioning teams and writing and estimating user stories.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Team player: willingness to pair programming, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database teams, and business groups.
- Accountable and dependable to do what is needed to complete tasks, stories and sprints with a high level of quality and on time.
- Experience with a continuous integration environment
- Experience with Git as a source control system
Impact and Influence
- Great problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for learning and bringing new technologies and practices to a team
- Experience participating in building, growing and mentoring a team.
- Experience delivering high quality code through the product lifecycle in large company
- Enjoy driving continuous improvement through change in a complex environment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers at all levels, including management/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent contributor on the assigned team, striving to reach highest standards of software engineering every day
- Demonstrable software architecture and strong software design skills
- Experience building and supporting high volume applications