This individual will serve as a Senior QA Analyst on the Ad Platform QA team and will be responsible for driving productivity to deliver services, tools and processes that help us operate efficiently and ship high-quality products. The individual who fills this role will facilitate the development and delivery of highly reliable and scalable applications that help Disney maximize the value of our ad sales and commercial traffic, program content both domestically and internationally, deliver operational efficiencies and add value for our clients.
This individual will support the tools, frameworks and services needed to make our engineers more productive, with a primary focus on test automation. This person has at least five years of experience in a structured software/testing environment, will be self-managed and driven, must be a team player with strong communication skills and meet the minimum technical requirements identified below.
In order to maintain high quality while keeping pace with the ever increasing development throughput, expanding our testing capacity and automation is critical to our ability to keep up with demands. This person will be responsible for testing critical functionality and working with management and software engineers to identify appropriate test strategies. He or she will adhere to best-practices and continually improve process to reduce manual testing efforts and overall time-to-delivery while maintaining high-quality standards. This role will also be important for preparing our organization for an expected increase in demand to globalize our systems as we continue to identify synergistic opportunities with newly acquired/merged Ad Sales and Traffic responsibilities around the globe.
• Participates in or may lead design and implementation of QA test strategies and protocols for testing software releases
• Ensures the full application of all relevant QA standards to validate application functionality
• Documents, tracks and verifies defects and fixes in assigned applications.
• Develops, documents and implements QA standards.
• Participates in ensuring that assigned projects adhere to agreed-upon functional specification and applicable QA standards.
• Mentors junior QA analysts or contingent workforce and may provide technical direction as needed for specific project testing initiatives
• Regularly reviews and interprets QA results and reports up to Management as applicable
• Provides regular Input for the QA organization in ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of accurate and functional new or modified business systems applications.
• May Provide technical direction to team resources for specific project testing initiatives
• Participates in or may lead the design & development of automation test scripts using automation tools
• Participates in making decisions to release applications under development to production.
• Uses ingenuity in applying analytical techniques and organizational skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing recommended approaches to resolving quality assurance issues with ongoing process improvement.
• Works on the interpretation of complex QA issues and problems for technical and non-technical personnel.
• Interprets specific aspects of QA findings and protocols for QA Management.
• Communicates complex information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Participates in industry QA groups; evaluates issues from QA groups as they pertain to DTCI; suggests and helps design potential courses of action or process changes.
• Typically communicates with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels up to Mid-level Technology.
• Participates in interactions with management of other departments or units or functions regarding QA issues and problems with assigned applications.
• 5+ years of experience in a structured software environment with direct software testing – or – 3 years of experience in a structured software environment with direct software testing and a degree in a computer/software related field
• Very good experience in using various software testing tools and methodologies with special expertise in UI automation
• Very good experience testing systems developed with enterprise integration technologies such as JMS, Web Services, and RESTful Services, and Enterprise Service Bus (e.g. Kafka)
• Good knowledge and experience with programming language(s), databases, and new technology stacks and how these relate to software testing
• Good knowledge of trends, technology advances, new products, and best practices relevant to QA methodologies & test tools
• Ability to lead/influence positive change and results in all areas of software testing amongst a talented team of analysts
• Understands complex systems and requirements and formulates optimal test strategies to meet current and future needs that align with DTCI
• Thorough understanding of the Agile Development process and the role of QA as an engineer of productivity
• Ability to present and mentor to all levels of team members and most levels of management
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills
• Very strong self-management and leadership skills
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Fast learner and interest to master different technologies
• At least 8+ years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with a minimum of 2 years direct test tool experience or application development – or – at least 5+ years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with a minimum of 2 years direct test tool experience or application development and a degree in a computer/software related field
• Good API and automation testing experience
• Strong SQL skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Software QA Analyst