Job:Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC)-
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
CTG is currently seeking a Senior QA Engineer to lead quality assurance efforts within the software development group and work hand-in-hand with development teams and stakeholders performing QA activities within agile development iterations. The Senior QA Engineer will also work outside their assigned product development teams on quality initiatives as directed by the QA Manager.
The Senior QA Engineers responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance and support to associate and intermediate level QA Engineers.
- Leading product team initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Evangelizing quality processes and best practices to improve and measure the quality of products delivered to customers
- Serving in leadership roles within the QA Team and working directly with QA Manager on strategic initiatives
- Assisting QA Manager with implementing quality processes across multiple product teams
- Serving as an Enterprise QA Lead as needed to facilitate integration and end-to-end type testing
- Collaborating with the development team and stakeholders to ensure testable user stories are created and estimated
- Identifying test conditions of satisfaction for user stories and testing tasks
- Executing a QA process that fits within our overall agile life-cycle
- Developing, executing and maintaining manual and automated tests to ensure code quality in a continuous integration environment
- Capturing and reporting quality metrics to varied audiences
- Representing quality principles and processes within assigned product teams
- Recommending continuous process improvement ideas to
- QA Manager and within assigned product team
- Recommend strategic ideas and suggestions to the QA Manager for consideration and inclusion
- Work closely with various IT teams on initiatives outside normal product iterations as directed
- Participate in all Agile planning activities, such as user story creation, point estimation, related defects while paying particular attention to testability
- Collaborate and provide feedback on user story details related to clarifying requirements, testability, acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with business/customer representative/SME in determining acceptance criteria for user stories
- Recommend test approach, test environment requirements, and data strategies
- Provide regular status updates to project team on QA progress
- Disseminate QA summary reports as needed (e.g. Pre-imp)
- Work closely with product team to identify and resolve issues and suggest streamlining defect process within the product development lifecycle.
- Works with automation engineer(s) and QA Manager to define a working automation model for individual product(s) as well as integrated product(s) and enterprise services • Audits QA artifact procedures as directed
- Makes recommendations to QA Engineers on artifact procedure issues uncovered
- Works with QA Manager on enhancing test artifact procedures
- Analyze, design, and maintain test artifacts such as test objectives for manual and automated tests
- Create and/or set up test environments and test data
- Work with development team as needed on unit test coverage
- Audits QA validation and verification procedures as directed
- Makes recommendations to QA Engineers on validation and verification issues uncovered
- Ensure application meets documented requirements using defined quality processes and best practices
- Perform applicable testing and verification using appropriate QA practices
- Log defects following appropriate QA practices
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Perform data validation using SQL queries
- Develop and execute automated tests for regression
EDUCATION AN EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field desired
- 2+ years – Java
- 2+ years - Selenium WebDriver with Java
- 2+ years - SQL
- 7+ years in a QA role with manual test case definition and execution experience
- 1+ years -SOAP & REST Webservices Testing (SOAP UI or alternate tool)
- 3+ years’ experience with automated test tools
- 3+ years of Non-functional Test Experience
- 3+ years of experience using versioning software like Subversion, git.
- Remain abreast of current technologies and take initiative to acquire additional knowledge to prepare for additional responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of SDLC and QA processes and best practices in accordance with Agile/SCRUM practices
- Exhibit ability to learn complex business functions
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.