Purpose of JobProvides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate quantitative and analytical practices and processes. Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Applies diverse methodologies and deep experience in quantitative analytics to identify and solve complex and/or undefined risk problems. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans. Works with leadership to remediate gaps and improvements identified between existing practices and regulatory requirements.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness and translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Applies advanced knowledge and industry best practices to quantify risk and aggregate exposures.
- Engages in model validation and produces model validation reports.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change.
- Translates recommendations into communication materials to effectively present to colleagues for peer review and management.
- Applies advanced knowledge to produce advanced analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Provides mentorship to other team members in the peer review process.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline.
OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 4 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline and up to 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, independent and critical thinker, and problem solver
- Experience communicating to senior leadership with the ability to influence
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Strong technical programming experience in SQL, Python, SAS or similar
- Prior experience in a 1st or 2nd line Credit role in a large financial institution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.