SYSTRA is a global leader in the mass transit and railroad industries. SYSTRA USA has a presence in multiple geographic locations across the country: New York (Headquarters), New Jersey, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC. SYSTRA has been a dominant force in US railroad operations for more than 30 years. Globally, our firm has implemented railroad engineering projects in over 150 countries.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Signals Designer. The Sr. Signals Designer will design, develop, and test all aspects of a signaling system built to customer specifications and other contract requirements. The incumbent provides direction to technicians. Delivers value-added engineering solutions, products and support to valued customers, who’s systems range from highly complex integrated control centers that supervise and control complete railways to sophisticated train-based systems that automate train operation and protection, interlocking systems that ensure safe running across a network, and a complete range of trackside products.
- Assist with technical proposals for new projects and help develop cost proposals based on client specifications.
- Manage assigned project work including scope, schedule, and budget and provide timely, quality milestone reporting.
- Assist with plan and design of transportation systems and structures, following construction, client, federal, state, and local standards and laws, using design software and drawing tools.
- Follow QA/QC policies and practices and Identify possible quality and safety issues within the scope of the project.
- Review and seal design drawings, if licensed.
- Develop signal circuit designs.
- Design signal circuit drawing typicals.
- Review project specifications and drawings.
- Analyze and review the design requirements to ensure match with customers' specifications.
- Mentor junior staff.
- BS in an Engineering field.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Design interlockings, grade crossings, and automatics.
- Experience with signal equipment manufacturers, consultants, and railroads.
SYSTRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.