Job Req ID: 193503
Position Number: 00098020
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Accounting - Reimbursement
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Airport Center Parkway
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. Assists the Reimbursement Manager in preparing Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, wage index reviews and other reimbursement analysis. Prepares workpapers to support the cost reports, as well as analyzing the data for accuracy and additional reimbursement opportunities; is a resource to other reimbursement analysts.
- Gathers and maintains the data used in the preparation of the Medicare and Medicaid cost reports and provides to outside consultants as necessary and reviews.
- Oversees the cost report preparation performed by outside consultants and performs initial review prior leadership.
- Reviews wage index and recommends adjustments
- Analyzes the impact of proposed cost report changes and implements approved changes in the work papers and cost reports.
- Prepares the quarterly Medicare/Medicaid cost report settlement estimates and maintains the general reserve binder for the corresponding hospital; is able to revise the models to reflect any regulation changes, as necessary
Lifting and moving reports and notebooks weighing up to ten pounds. Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Mobility to move freely among departments located in various buildings on and off the main hospital campus, as well as other CHS facilities. Majority of day is spent sitting down.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required. Minimum of 7 years of experience in healthcare reimbursement preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer