Clarivate Analytics is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. We deliver critical data, information, workflow solutions, and deep domain expertise to innovators worldwide.
Our solutions cover the entire lifecycle of innovation: scientific and academic research; patent analytics and regulatory standards; pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence; trademark, domain and brand protection. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted brands, including Web of Science, Derwent, CompuMark, Cortellis, MarkMonitor, and Techstreet.
We employ more than 4,300 colleagues in 43 countries.
Clarivate Analytics is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the tickers NYSE:CCC; CCC.WS.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
Clarivate Analytics Senior Revenue Accountant
The Revenue Accountant plays a critical role in the company’s accounting areas including the global revenue accounting operations & revenue close processes. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined general accounting, revenue operations and commissions experience at a global organization. This position will support the Revenue Manager.
- Execution of the monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on a timely basis for reporting in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Perform global revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices for revenue team counterparts worldwide to scale business and global revenue expansion. Help to develop/refine accounting processes and procedures as related to revenue reporting.
- Support external and internal audit requests related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Work cross-functionally with Global Teams including Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT and other key owners of policies, processes and programs.
- Assist Senior Technical Revenue Accountant with all other responsibilities including but not limited to participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Solid analytical skills; a professional who can apply strong analytical skills to improve various aspects of the revenue reporting and reconciliation processes.
- Track record of continuous improvement; an energetic individual who is not satisfied with the status quo and is always focused on the improvement of business processes, reporting, and controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a relationship builder with a professional, open and confident style who can build bridges and work effectively across a global organization and who has strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proactive and self-starting personality; ability to address each task with a sense of urgency, manage multiple responsibilities, and generate a high volume of quality work.
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in. Confidence in own abilities to get things done. Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
- Extremely team-oriented with the ability to contribute in a fast-paced environment that is rapidly changing.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills. Highest level of integrity.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the field of Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
- Mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime and effectively under tight time constraints as required at peak reporting periods and while major M&A and other key transactions are being executed.
- Strong PC skills including advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.