Site: TX - Richardson (Campbell Rd)
Business Title: Sr. RF Design Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
Qorvo (Nasdaq: QRVO) is All Around You! We make a better world possible by providing innovative Radio Frequency (RF) solutions at the center of connectivity. We combine product and technology leadership, systems-level expertise and global manufacturing scale to quickly solve our customers’ most complex technical challenges.
Qorvo's Infrastructure and Defense Products (IDP) revenue grew double digits for 13 consecutive quarters over 2016-2019 as it expanded into diverse, high-growth markets. Today, Qorvo IDP serves large markets including wireless connectivity, broadband, aerospace, defense, the IoT, and programmable power management. Through innovation and market leadership, IDP has established Qorvo's technology and product leadership in Gallium Nitride (GaN), expanding its use from defense radar and electronic warfare to commercial markets including 5G base stations and broadband cable networks. We are a global company thriving on a culture of innovation, diversity, and inclusion.
We are looking for a designer responsible for the development of innovative, leading-edge GaN and GaAs-based RF products. This will involve designing RF PA products using GaN and GaS technologies. The senior designer will implement electrical designs in a variety of low cost and thermally efficient package platforms, such as overmold leadframe, laminate and metal base, air cavity. The position will use design tools such as ADS, MWO, Cadence and EM simulators such as FEM, Analyst and HFSS. The senior designer must have good communication and presentation skills to hold design reviews and discuss design architectures and approach with the team. This will involve design and development of RF modules using advanced GaN and/or GaAs technologies. Additionally, depending on experience level, a portion of your time could be involved in mentoring other team members in contributing new and innovative design ideas. You will be a key member of an integrated product development team that includes marketing, program management, mechanical engineering, product engineering, package engineering, test engineering, applications engineering, manufacturing, operations, quality and reliability, and senior management.
- Technical lead role for RF discrete & module based product development.
- Discrete & module design using linear and nonlinear models and 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic simulators.
- Manage product checkout, optimization, and design verification testing (DVT) in the test lab.
- Execute DVT analysis and present results to the internal and/or external customer.
- Support product through critical lifecycle stages including concept/feasibility, development, qualification, and production.
- Publish novel design work internally or externally (IMS, BCICTS, GOMAC, etc.) to promote Qorvo’s technology and design capabilities. Submit invention disclosures for potential patents where applicable.
- Experience with design tools ADS, MWO, Cadence and EM simulators such as FEM, Analyst and HFSS
- RF/Microwave design experience with GaN, HBT, or LDMOS RF technologies
- ADS/MWO Simulation Testing with vector network analyzers, signal analyzers, oscilloscopes, and loadpull systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to concisely summarize highly technical concepts.
- Design of high-performance GaN and/or GaAs power amplifier modules with simultaneous power, bandwidth, efficiency, and linearity requirements.
- Published author in technical journals and/or magazines.
- Strong ability to meet customer technical needs and schedules.
- MS Electrical Engineering with 7 years of relevant RF design experience
- PhD Electrical Engineering (with RF/Microwave focus) with 4 years of relevant RF design experience
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Because this position is part of a business unit that contracts with the US government, qualified candidates must be U.S. persons (generally a US citizen or green card holder). Individuals holding temporary visas, such as F-1 or H-1B, are not U.S. persons.
San Jose, CA or Richardson, TX
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Location: CA - San Jose, TX - Richardson
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2021