Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace in Orlando, FL is seeking a Sr. RF Engineer to join our ElectricalEngineering team.
AR Coleman Aerospace produces complex single, two, and three stage launch vehicles used to support ballistic missile defense testing. This opening is for a RF Engineer who will be supporting multiple projects that include requirements definition, trade studies, component selection, design, analysis, and testing related to the technologies listed above. The successful candidate will be well rounded in electrical and RF engineering, self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work both independently and within a team enviornment.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
- 25 % - Uses fundamentals in electrical engineering both analog & digital electronics.
- 25 % - Applies RF principles and design technology in development of RF microwave assemblies and systems as it applies to telemetry.
- 10 % - Use of communication transmitters, receivers, power amplifiers, filters, combiners, antennas and flight instrumentation.
- 10 % - Designs & supports MIL-STD-461 testing.
- 10 % - Uses link analysis, inter-modular analysis and antenna pattern analysis.
- 10 % - Designs, develops, integrates and tests military electronic systems with design for manufacturing & environmental constraints such as (EMI, EMC, vibration, packaging thermal ect.)
- 10 % - Documents efforts, writes test procedures, reports to completion of milestones with specific procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to use and apply RF principles and design techniques, with experience in development of RF/microwave assemblies and systems as it applies to telemetry.
- Experience with communication transmitters, receivers, power amplifiers, filters, combiners, antennas and flight instrumentation.
- Experience with link analysis, inter-modulation analysis, and antenna pattern analysis.
- Experience with design, development, integration, and test of military electronic systems with design for manufacturing and environmental constraints (EMI/EMC, vibration, packaging, thermal, etc.).
- Experience with MIL-STD-461E
- Strong Understanding of electrical engineering fundamentals in both analog and digital electronics.
- This is a hands-on position for individuals with demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to document efforts, write test procedures and reports and contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Experience using Cadence Capture/PSpice and Mentor PADS/DxDesigner.
- Experience with radar cross-section analysis and test a plus.
- Experience with supporting Reliability and FMECA analysis a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.