General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The flour channel is seeking a Sr. Sales Operations Manager to act as Chief of Staff for our Bakery Flour business in building and executing strategies to help us achieve both top and bottom line growth targets.
In this role you will be the cross-functional hub for flour, collaborating with our Sales, Grain Operations Team, Mills, Trade, and Finance teams to commercialize ideas for General Mills’ oldest brand, Gold Medal Flour. Flour has a rich history and a legacy, but also a significant amount of growth potential and accounts for nearly a quarter of C&F’s RNS.
As a Sr. Sales Operations Manager, you will gain exposure to the PNL and will gain a general managers perspective. This is a one of a kind role across our segment and will require change agility and a learning mindset.
Strategic Business Development
- Drive commercialization of ideas including modernization of the business to drive RNS and profit
- Develop relationships with sales & partner to drive growth at strategic customers
- Enable sales execution
- Collaborate with team on HMM for flour PNL
Cross Functional Connector & Communication
- Drive transparency in comm across cross functional teams
- Direct Link to the Sales Team with Supply Chain and Customer Operations
- Work Closely with Leadership Teams (Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Operations, QRO, Grain Operations)
- Sales Liaison with WHQ
- Partner with Sales Communications & Trade (SCT) on all field sales & direct to customer communications
- Partner with SCT/PSM on recalls and issues management
- Partner with team on pricing communications
- Lead Flour Channel communication with Mills, Grain Operations, QRO, warehousing, etc.
- Work with QRO and Operations teams to ensure network efficiency
Coach, develop and inspire team of 2 to achieve consistent high levels of results
- Leverage Channel expertise of direct reports
- Partner to develop and execute pricing strategies
- Establish Team Vision, Strategy & Priorities (Ensure Work Matters/Prioritization of work)
- Talent Development
- Engage in development plans and succession planning across flour organization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: selling flour, working in a mill, working in grain (commodity merchandising)