The Johns Manville, Roofing team is looking to hire a Senior Sales Representative to join our team in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are passionate about working with people, you have a will to sell, a desire for success and working with others comes naturally, let us know and apply today. This position will challenge you daily all the while you are contributing to the bottom line.
As the Senior Sales Rep you will sell commercial roofing products and systems to generate new business and grow profitability within your territory. You will call on roofing contractors, specifiers, distributors, and building owners. If you are passionate about sales, working with people, and providing amazing customer service this may be the job for you!
This position will be based out of your home office. You will have the support and resources of the team but the position will also work independently as you are a remote employee. Time management and organization will be key. Travel within your territory will be required and may include a lot of driving and overnight trips. Occasional travel to Denver or other locations will also be required.
What You Bring to the Team
* Bachelor's degree or 8 years of professional experience in lieu of a degree plus the requirements below
* 5 or more years of experience in a customer facing sales role
* Experience with consultative and solutions selling
* Experience building rapport and developing strong customer relationships
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Valid driver's license and the ability to drive automobiles for extended periods of time
* Ability to climb stairs/ladders, be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, be exposed to high noise levels, exposure to mechanical parts as well as dust/fumes/mist/gas and ability to walk extensively and ok with heights
* Ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 lbs
* 5 or more years of outside sales experience
* Experience in low slope commercial roofing or in the construction industry
* Experience calling on architects and specifiers
* You possess a fervent desire for success
* Ability to communicate with a variety of people and across all levels of an organization
* Negotiation skills (contracts, pricing, etc)
* Experience mentoring other teammates
* Experience evaluating product lines, markets/customers, marketing programs and sales strategies
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled