Title: Sr. Scientific Technical Writer / Consultant
Job Location: Silver Spring MD
We are seeking a Sr. Scientific Technical Writer / Consultant for an anticipated procurement to support research programs and projects at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). Availability of this position is contingent upon contract award.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is committed to providing world-class technical, management, and scientific support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized for driving projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide science / technical writing to assist in the development of peer‐reviewed manuscripts, invited scientific reviews, scientific reviews, technical reports, research protocols and grant protocols, standard operating procedures, or other scientific or technical writing products on an as-needed basis.
- Areas of science or technical writing expertise may include: 1) Molecular biology, 2) Microbiology, 3) Immunology, 4) Animal models of wound infections, 5) Wound biology, and/or 6) Biostatistics.
- Contribute to the written development of research protocols and grant proposals in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Contribute to the written development of peer‐reviewed scientific manuscripts in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Contribute to the written development of scientific reviews or invited scientific reviews in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Contribute to the written development of technical reports in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Contribute to the written development of standard operating procedures in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections.
- Contribute to the written development of other written documents in the conduct of research related to trauma‐related infections on a case‐by‐case basis.
- This position needs to be filled on an as‐needed basis and is a per‐hour position per year.
- This position requires the scientific-technical writer to physically visit the WRAIR at least once for each different assigned project.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related scientific field; or an MD.
- Experience beyond Ph.D. with Preclinical (i.e. animal) research experience in wound infections is required.
- Place of Performance: Silver Spring MD
- National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI)
- Travel may be required
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans