https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
Security Engineers at GuidePoint Security are experienced professionals who are autonomous, experienced, self-driven security fanatics. Our Security Engineers are materially involved in the complete security technologies opportunity lifecycle, from pre-sales through delivery and have the freedom and control over how engagements are scoped and delivered.
Our unique position as both a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) AND a professional services organization also requires our Security Engineers to continually expand their knowledge and experience with the latest cutting-edge information security technologies. This helps satisfy our Security Engineers desire to constantly expand their knowledge and better meet the needs of our clients. Position is remote/virtual; however candidates must reside locally within the New England/NY region for local travel when necessary.
- Proficiency in multiple security technologies, including: Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy, Endpoint, SIEM, and general networking background
- Proficiency in operating systems including Windows 2003 & 2008 R2, Windows XP and 7, RHES, CentOS and Ubuntu Linux
- Proficiency in monitoring and defending attacks utilizing security technologies and advanced anti-malware solutions and network forensics and visibility solutions
- Information Systems architecture and security control design and development experience
- Up to 50% out-of-town travel may be required to client in New England and New York
- Security Engineers work from remote/virtual when not visiting client locations
- Expectations for this role is 50% Presales and 50% delivery
- Experience with network security technologies including Symantec DLP, ForeScout, Websense, Palo Alto, BlueCoat, Check Point, McAfee, Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, Splunk, and Cisco SourceFire
- Experience deploying and managing Splunk
- Educational & Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of security engineering experience in the Information Security industry OR as a technical lead for an internal Information Security program
- Previous sales experience is strongly preferred
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 300 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance for employee, with generous employer family contributions
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Flexible remote work environment
- 15” MacBook Pro with Retina Display
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.