Sr Security Engineer (Incident Response)
The Sr. Security Engineer designs, configures, administers, and monitors information security controls at Auction.com. The Security Engineer assists with incident response & threat hunting, staying abreast of potential security threats and implementing countermeasures.
- Understanding of information security concepts and domains with expertise in incident response, threat hunting, and forensics.
- Identify new security threats by conducting continual monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and log analysis (Includes working with Administrators to mitigate threats that are identified)
- Strong experience with SIEM / UEBA systems such as Splunk.
- Understanding and/or experience with the following security technologies: firewalls, web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, e-mail encryption gateways, vulnerability scanning tools, forensics tools
- Understanding of cloud security architecture and best-practices for AWS
- Exposure to log/packet capturing & decoding of various attack signatures, such as recognizing SQL injections, cross-site scripting attacks, etc.
- Experience working with vendors to implement security-related projects
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory access rights, user access provisioning, SQL access and Operating System security
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory and enterprise level backup software
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years of applicable security and system administration experience
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent required.
- Cloud certifications preferred such as AWS Security Specialist
- Network certification preferred such as CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCIE, etc.
- Security Certifications preferred from GIAC, ISC2, CompTIA such as CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, GCIH, CEH, etc.
To all recruitment agencies: Auction.com does not accept agency resumes unless you are part of our preferred partner network. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Auction.com employees or any other company location. Auction.com is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.