Sr. ServiceNow ITOM CMDB/Discovery Developer – US
Salary negotiable on experience
Site based work in Baltimore, with some flexible homeworking.
Due to the nature of the work we require a US National who can gain security clearance
I am working with a ServiceNow partner based in the US who are looking for a ServiceNow developer who possess strong experience with ITOM Discovery and CMDB (London+). We are looking for someone to take the lead on moving these capabilities into production and participate in roadmap planning and execution for upcoming CMDB features.
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience with ITOM Discovery and CMDB (London+)
- Discovery patterns, probes, sensors, discovery schedules, etc.
- Ideally infrastructure knowledge to make smoother
- Process awareness to ensure quality CMDB health
- Experience leveraging CMDB capabilities across SN platform
- Experience with MID server installation & tuning parameters
- Knowledge and configuration of CMDB dashboards, reports, etc.
- Exhibit quality code development and practices
- Experience with implementing a CMDB.
- Subject matter expertise in the management of Discovery, Discovery Scheduling, Configuration Items and reporting in ServiceNow.
- ServiceNow Configuration Management, Application Portfolio Management and Discovery.
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Develop and Refine configuration and scripts to continually improve CMDB quality, usability, and sustainability
- Provide Governance, design and standards for discovering infrastructure CI’s and Help ensure the consistent and accurate capture of data and relationships
- Lead the implementation of the CMDB, including regular status updates to stakeholders, and refinement of the approach based on lessons learned.
- Lead the definition of configuration items (CIs), their control attributes, and data collection of the attributes that are important to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Develop and publish reports leveraging the CMDB to enable other ITSM module users to utilize Configuration data to support IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Provide documentation and reporting to internal and external auditors to demonstrate compliance of in scope solutions for devices and applications where CI’s are being administered across the ServiceNow platform.
- Support the approach to build a comprehensive CMDB, including application/tool configurations, code, and infrastructure components such as servers and operating systems.
- As CMDB SME, train our team and stakeholders on CMDB principles and implementation methods.