The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for ensuring all journal entries, reconciliations, and other revenue related accounting is in accordance with the company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all month, quarter, and year-end revenue-related close items including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis.
- Proficiently operating in the accounting modules of an ERP System.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Professional Services, AR, and AP to ensure timely and accurate billing and revenue recognition.
- Participate in global standardization and integration efforts for policies and procedures as they specifically relate to IFRS 15 and other revenue areas.
- Work with the Sr. Revenue Accountant and Revenue Manager on various technical accounting matters for guidance and implementation of the proper accounting treatment.
- Communicate, train, and enforce policies within the revenue department and among cross-functional business partners.
- Partner with sales and legal in the review and evaluation of deal structures to analyze the impact of customer terms and conditions, communicate the revenue impact of those terms, and offer alternatives if available.
- Participate in the management of the monthly accounting close process.
- Perform audits of sales orders for proper revenue recognition/amortization of deferred revenue, data entry, and billing accuracy.
- Ongoing processing of professional services transactions, including preparation and documentation of revenue calculations.
- Prepare and review reporting including revenue analysis and metrics.
- Review, develop, and maintain controls as the business environment changes. Includes risk assessments and reviews of risk areas.
- Assist the Finance team with ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue and AR
- Prepare and review schedules in support of the internal and external audit process and requirements along with interfacing with auditors on behalf of the department.
- Other account projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance.
- 2 – 4 years of progressive global accounting experience in a public company with at least 1+ years of revenue recognition experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with Big Four public accounting and industry experience is desirable.
- SaaS/multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience, including VSOE/TPE/BESP analysis, ASC 606 or IFRS 15
- Ability to review and interpret contracts.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a variety of functions across the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional skepticism and a willingness to question why something is being done with a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to work proactively and independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP or IFRS
- Advanced excel skills such as pivot tables and data analysis.
- Prior experience with Sage Intacct, NetSuite, Sales Force.Com, FinancialForce or ERP Online accounting software applications
- Free Food and Coffee
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Employee Referral Program
- Vacation/paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
96,193.00 - 108,493.00 /yearWhat is this?