The Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group creates and transitions advanced technologies for ensuring the security and resiliency of next-generation mission-critical systems. The group's research and development in this area focus on a wide range of systems from drones and satellites, to handheld devices and miniature sensors, to high-performance secure cloud computing, to many others.
The group comprises computer scientists; software, hardware, and electrical engineers; cryptographers; system analysts; and security architects, all of whom share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to national security. The group pursues innovative, high-impact, practical research in small focused teams, and it succeeds by participating in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping, field testing, and, ultimately, transfer of the technology to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community users, sponsors, and industry.
Odyssey Systems has a need for two software developers with a broad range of experience that are responsible for designing, implementing, and testing software systems and testbeds to support research and development (R&D) programs in the Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group. Developers in this group work closely with software architects, system administrators, and researchers in an agile, devops environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop software primarily in Java and secondarily in Python
• Develop software in a Secure DevOps (SecDevOps) process
• Adapt and integrate security and resiliency-related technologies
• Support deployment using infrastructure automation
• The software developer’s primary role as an implementor will be to help build services for a representative mission system for a Testbed. The implementation is primarily in Java and uses the Spring Framework extensively.
• The developer will develop, build and deploy software utilizing best practices from SecDevOps community. This includes unit and integration testing, static and dynamic analysis, continuous integration and releases.
• The developer will adapt and integrate various security capabilities into the services (e.g. PKI-based authentication, secrets management tools like Hashicorp Vault, custom message encryption and signing libraries).
• The developer will automate the deployment of services and other capabilities using Docker containers and infrastructure automation tools (e.g., Ansible).
• The software developer must be able to communicate, collaborate and work effectively within our RST team.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Proficient in developing enterprise and/or web services using Java and Maven
• Proficient in developing and debugging software in a Linux and Windows environment
• Proficient in distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as git
• Proficient with unit testing using Junit
• Experience working on agile (e.g., Scrum, XP, Kanban) teams
• Experience using Spring Boot and Spring Framework
• Experience with building RESTful microservices
• Experience with JMS enterprise messaging technologies such as ActiveMQ or ZeroMQ
• Experience with static analysis (e.g., Fortify, SonarQube) and remediation
• Extensive knowledge of best practices in software design, object oriented programming and design patterns
• Experience with software development using Python
• Familiar with infrastructure automation technologies (e.g., Ansible)
• Familiar with deployment and operations in cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS)
• Active Secret Clearance
• Proficient in using git for version control and familiarity with GitHub workflow
• Proficient in automating software deployment and provisioning with Ansible
• Proficient in deploying software using Docker containers
• Experience working on Scrum teams
• Experience in secure programming
• Experience in cybersecurity engineering for software intensive systems
• Experience with full-text indexes, log aggregation and dashboards using the Elastic stack
• Experience with JSON, Protobuf, and SQL-based databases
• Experience with ANSI C++ using the GNU toolchain (gcc/g++, make, gdb, etc.) on Linux
• Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
• Familiar with using Eclipse IDE for Java development
• Familiar with developing mock objects using Mockito to support testing
• Familiar with Scala and/or Go
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans