We are seeking a Senior Software Developer at our headquarters in Littleton, MA to join our development team for our specialized CAD/CAE software for optical engineering. You will work in a small-company environment reporting to the CEO, and collaborating with the development team to advance our existing products and develop new products.
- Contribute to development of our CAD/CAE software products in C, C++, and C#.
- Develop specifications for new features in existing products, and for new products.
Qualifications, in order of importance:
- Self-starter able to work independently.
- S. degree or higher in one of the following: Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Math.
- Five years minimum experience developing complex commercial software systems.
- Strong programming skills using OOP techniques in C++ and C#.
- Experience in developing solid-modeling-based mechanical CAD or CAE software.
- Experience in computer graphics and Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design.
- Experience creating tests for automated unit/regression testing.
- Experience programming with third-party solid modeling engines (e.g. ACIS, Parasolid).
- Experience with graphics libraries (e.g. HOOPS, OpenGL).
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Intel Parallel Studio.
- Experience with revision control software and practices.
- MFC and .NET UI development experience.
- Programming with scripting a language such as: Ruby, Unix Shell, Python, bat.
- Experience with InstallShield.
- Multi-threaded performance optimization experience.
- GPU programming experience.
About the company:
Lambda Research, in its 28th year, is a small company that develops and markets state-of-the-art CAE software for designers of optical and illumination systems. Customers are engineers, scientists, and educators, working at all sizes of companies, government laboratories, and universities worldwide. Application areas for our design products range from space telescopes to military systems to consumer optics to displays (TV, cell phone, tablet) to lighting fixtures, plus many others. Our products are delivered worldwide through a network of field offices and distributors, and in the Americas from our headquarters in Littleton, MA.