Our client is seeking a Sr. AEM Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Irving, TX! The Senior AEM Developer will work on complex applications and support or enhance existing business applications to ensure project requirements and business needs are met. Candidate will develop applications and components using Adobe AEM platforms. This is a hands-on role, although will regularly see you working to gather requirements in conjunction with BA's and PM's.
Required Skills and Experience
- Designing and developing web applications using the Adobe platform, including guidance of site structure, components, templates, workflows, dialogs, object model designs (Java APIs), and unit testing using AEM architecture (CRX, OSGI, JCR).
- Setup and configure AEM authoring, publish, and dispatcher environment with Adobe recommended best practices.
- Integrate AEM with other marketing products like Assets, Target, Campaign, and other internal endpoints.
- Work closely with Managed Service Team or vendor to ensure sound practices regarding site architecture, performance and reliability, and content delivery are in place.
- Assist in deploying applications to Dev, QA, Production environments and migrations.
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment.
- Work with front-end technologies and frameworks (e.g. React).
- Follow best practices for secure web programming and deployment. Adhere to internal best practices with respect to coding standards, unit test coverage, automation, and continuous integration.
- Resolving user-identified functional and technical issues relating to Adobe AEM/CQ.
- Key contributor for AEM Governance process to review UX design, coordinate AEM componentization process, ensure design standards, guidelines and best practices are followed at program level.
- Lead and mentor an Offshore team of AEM Developers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Adobe AEM Developer with strong Java/J2EE background in both front-end web design and AEM integration.
- 6+ years of AEM 6.x/CQ5 experience with 3+ full cycle AEM projects and at least two years in Web experience.
- Sound understanding of all AEM building blocks including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, social components etc., code build and deployment process.
- 2+ years of UI development experience with ES6 Java Script and CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS).
- 4+ years of strong web content management experience with Adobe AEM/CQ5.
- Experience developing reusable AEM components for authoring content, reusable code libraries, unit testing, automation and code walkthroughs.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (Jenkins/Maven/Gradle/Gulp).
- The ability to present technical concepts to technical and non-technical internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to write clean, modular, reusable code (using design patterns) and experience with unit-test driven approach to development.
- 3+ years of Experience building Responsive websites using ReactJS, NodeJS and Webpack.
- Experience with AWS and Microservices environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.