Nestled conveniently in North Texas in the vibrant city of Denton is the corporate headquarters of Sally Beauty Holdings, the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. We are inviting applications for our Sr. Software Engineer. SBH is seeking a motivated and innovative individual to join our team.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
Review, analysis, design, coding, testing and debugging of computer software solutions that meet requirements of company business applications. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to meet these requirements. Familiar with variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures that may be specific to a hardware platform or development language. Provides production support as directed by management. May occasionally lead and direct the work of others.
- Writes new code or modifies existing code to meet requirements of company business applications. Tests or Debugs his/her work to ensure that the functional requirements are met and that completed work is of high quality. Follows company development standards which are particular to their team.
- Provides production support in the form of troubleshooting problems, break fixes, adhoc data mining or other unspecified activities as directed by management. May be on call for afterhours support.
- Performs review, analysis and design on new assignments identifying opportunities and challenges that may be signification to the successful completion of the assignment. Works with end users, Third Parties, other IT staff and management to define, plan and scope projects. Relies on experience and judgement to accomplish these goals.
- Occasionally leads or directs the work of others.
- Complies with existing documentation requirements required for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Complies with Payment Card Industry (PCI) requirements as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 8+ years of relevant programming skills
- Programming Language experience specific to the work group that this team member is a part of
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules