Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Ekman Associates, Inc. is a Southern California based company focused on the following services: Management Consulting, Professional Staffing Solutions, Executive Recruiting and Managed Services.
The Software Engineer will support software development activities and help formalize development procedures, development operations, and platform strategy. The Engineer, Custom Development Center of Excellence will support software development activities and help formalize development procedures, development operations, and platform strategy.
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Experience with Dockerand container orchestration tools
- Experience with cloudfoundryand serverless technologies
- Experience with distributed messaging services, preferably Kafka
- Work in an agile software development team to complete backlog items, working in conjunction with other developers and engineers from both internal and external companies.
- Test and create automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’s work and with the many systems within the technology portfolio.
- Act as a development leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Stay up-to-date on new development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up those tools and training other developers on them.
- Communicate with business partners to understand the needs of the user, and implement those ideas in software.
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand your products.
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments of supported applications, troubleshooting and patching functional issues and data issues in lower or production environments when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years of related experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Comfortable working with a variety of languages and technologies, including backend and frontend.
- Competent working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
- Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
- Experience setting up continuous integration and testing frameworks for development projects (IE Jenkins, Chef, Mocha.js,)
- Competent working in secured internal network environments.
- Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
- Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skillsets and proficiencies. Able to lead and instruct, or take advice and direction when appropriate. Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
- Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
Qualified Candidates Only:If you wish to learn more about this opportunity and additional qualifications/responsibilities, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Ekman Associates, Inc. please visit our website at www.ekmanassociates.com.
Software Developer / Engineer