Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
We’re looking for a Sr. Front End Engineer who is passionate about technology, has experience building scalable and robust solutions and can help set the direction of our front-end framework/platform. You will work with a talented group of engineers, designers and product managers and enable them to build new and innovative features for our travel platform.
- You evaluate and recommend technology, tools, and frameworks.
- You enable and support multiple front-end teams in the design and development of elegant and modern client-facing web solutions.
- You communicate complex technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders.
- You work with cross-functional teams to research and resolve production issues.
- You mentor junior Engineers on the team.
Experience and Qualification:
- A technical Bachelor’s degree in Science is required. A Master’s degree Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred. (BS or MS).
- 7+ years professional experience in hands-on software development and engineering.
- 2+ years' experience leading technical design and implementations.
- Adept at maintaining cross-browser compatibility and debugging.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with shown ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to write clean & coherent code and follow established coding conventions.
- You are results-oriented and proactive with proven leadership skills.
- Experience at other fast-paced Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a huge plus.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.