TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Software Engineer to join our IT Engineering team in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Job Summary: The team is currently working on enhancements to our Customer Service Center software and the Toll Host, systems developed for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. System components include a client-server application, website, mobile application for Android and iOS, WCF, and a SQL Server database, SSRS. Our systems utilize a tiered architecture and object-oriented technology. Applications are developed in VB.Net and C# using Visual Studio and MS SQL Server development tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Contributing to system's functional design
- Developing new systems and new modules
- Making enhancements to existing components
- Maintaining code standards in all software modules
- Working closely with the team to maintain component reusability and integrity of the system
- Supporting new and existing production systems
- Troubleshooting productions issues
- Unit testing
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a Master's degree is preferred
- Experience in Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, TSQL, VB.Net and C#
- Object oriented programming skills
- Ability to deliver projects on time and with a high quality of code
- Understanding of PCI requirements is a plus