Senior Software Engineer- IoT Analytics solutions
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Social Innovation Business, Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a highly qualified and experienced Senior Software Engineer for Industrial IoT Analytics Solutions to join our Center for Social Innovation team based in Santa Clara, CA. Our team is engaged in incubating Big Data Analytics and IoT customer driven solutions. The focus is on developing innovative “first of a kind” analytics solutions and related IoT platforms by leveraging the combined resources of the entire Hitachi group. We are looking for an experienced developer who can design and develop cloud based SaaS IoT solutions. Our customer projects range from “Proof of Concept (PoC) to “first time” pilot implementations both on premise and SaaS environments.
This is a both internal facing and customer facing job that requires understanding of customer requirements, understanding of the end-to-end IoT solution and the business problem the solution is solving. It requires working on tight schedules as you would be working on customer deliverables.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and develop new SAAS applications using Cloud Platform applications (preferably on Google Cloud)
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Troubleshoot issues related to application design, development, deployment and operations.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of back-end engineering experience, preferably Java Maven or Scala or Node.js
- 5+ years of experience in building IoT Bigdata and Analytics solution utilizing ETL tools, Kafka, Java or Scala, PL/SQL, Pentaho or Big Query SQL and Shell scripting
- 3+ years of API design, development and integration experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience creating applications and tools using Cloud Platform (example: Google Big Query, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions, Pub/Sub, App Engine, Cloud SQL)
- 1+ year of experience in deploying AI models in preferably Google Cloud using Google Cloud Platform tools.
- 1+ year of experience in designing and scaling cloud-based applications (Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services).
- Understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, GIT workflow and version control (Jira/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
- Experience and Hands on Skills with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Understanding of modern development practices - REST, OAuth, API development, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand complex APIs - REST, streaming, webhooks.
- Experience and knowledge of SOA/micro-services (using Spring Framework)
- Experience with Mobile Frameworks and Mobile App Development (Responsive, iOS, Android etc.)
- Experience with automation technologies like CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, IoT and wearables technologies.
- Experience deploying scalable high-availability Node.js applications to GCP, AWS.
- Knowledge of SQL & NoSQL technologies, and strong database modeling skills.
- Experience with API development / management frameworks such as Swagger or Apigee.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Travel Percentage: 25%