maximatecc designs and manufactures custom instrument clusters and gauges under the brand names Datcon and Stewart Warner. Through a portfolio of standard products and customized OEM solutions, maximatecc specializes in operator information and control solutions for heavy duty commercial vehicle OEMs and systems integrators in a number of industries. Our products are engineered to perform reliably in harsh environments involving temperature extremes, high shock and vibration, UV and moisture exposure. Our products are used in construction, agriculture, commercial, industrial, marine, and automotive applications.
Maxima is wholly owned by Actuant Corporation. Actuant Corporation is a diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant trades on the NYSE under the symbol ATU. For further information on Actuant and its businesses, visit the Company’s website at www.actuant.com, or visit the links below:
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Lancaster, PA
What makes this role exciting in this field, industry and/or compared to other companies?
Business Unit Culture
Customer Focus is #1. Safety, Quality, and Delivery are our top priorities.
The Software Engineer II serves as a vital member of the engineering team reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. This role requires a high energy, self-motivated individual with a strong drive for results. Your manager will provide guidance and set expectations while empowering you to use your analytical and technical skills to achieve high levels of performance. The engineering team in Lancaster consists of electrical, mechanical and software engineers that work as one team to develop new products for demanding applications and update older products to today’s technology. The engineering team is vital to the success and growth of maximatecc and is responsible for setting the technology roadmap for future products.
Benefits & Conveniences
Serving as an engineering and product development Hub for Actuant, Maximatecc has the ability to deal with diversified projects, from the smallest to the largest. Our workforce is made up of new product development engineers, software designers, finance, and customer service. Maximatecc is located in beautiful Lancaster County on the edge Lancaster City, just minutes from the train station. Lancaster City is an up and coming city with a growing restaurant and nightlife scene, diverse economics and flourishing neighborhoods.
Day in the Life
- Attends and participates in team meetings with program teams, suppliers and customers
- Participate within a team environment in the development of custom software products, using generally accepted software “best practices”, and adhering to common software development standards.
- Involved in all steps of development cycle: requirement analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Operates laboratory electronic test equipment including power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes and other general lab equipment
- Works with the program manager or senior engineer to develop design verification and design validation test plans. Executes test plan by performing tests.
- Designs software for microprocessor products in support of senior engineers and project leaders
- Develop software and firmware for embedded systems in C.
- Develop applications and GUI for our embedded systems in Visual Studio
Objectives and Expected Accomplishments - How can this role make an impact?
- Design and develop defect-free software for systems such as gauges, sensors, instrument clusters, displays and machine controllers.
- Develop reliable test plans, procedure and reports for design validation testing.
- Lead or participate in the software development process
- Generate new concepts related to product software.
- Adjust to existing software for some of the maintenance projects.
Skills & Experience
Required Must Haves:
- 10+ years of experience designing firmware for microcontrollers, a must.
- Strong proficiency with C / C++.
- Extensive knowledge about displays applications on embedded systems and touch screen technology.
- Programming in Real Time Operating System environments.
- Experience with Microchip, ST and Renesas microcontrollers.
- Experience with wireless connectivity (such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc.) and IOT.
- Experience with microcontroller modules: CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI, USB, EEPROMs, timers, interrupts, PWM, Displays, USART, 1-Wire, ADC, DAC, DMA, USB and/or other peripherals.
- Experience in using development tools including emulators, simulators, debuggers and programmers.
- Experience with basic electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM’s, power supplies, logic analyzers.
- Excellent skills for troubleshooting the software combined with analog and digital circuits.
- Preferred Nice to Haves:
- 7+ years of work experience, preferable in automotive and/or mobile off-road machines industry
- Experience with CAN/J1939 hardware and software design
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively cross-functionally and at all levels.
- Experience programming other microcontrollers like: ARM, Freescale, Atmel, Infineon or Texas Instruments.
- Experience with software development tools, including version control (e.g. Git, SVN, etc.).
- Experience as a project or sub-project leader (a plus).
Educational & Certification
- B.S. Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic or related Engineering degree.
If you’re looking for a unique, exciting career with variety and potential for growth, Actuant offers challenges & extraordinary rewards for people on a global scale. Choose opportunity choose Actuant!
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer