Job Number: 367
External Description: Reed Tech, a LexisNexis Company (a subsidiary of RELX) has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer
This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, particularly Agile.
- Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Web Development experience including Angular, Typescript, JSON, HTML, and CSS.
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Add-in Development.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with the high comfort level working with customers.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
- Complete complex bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimization techniques.
- All other duties as assigned.
Reed Tech is a provider of best-in-class information-based solutions and services to meet the broad needs of the global IP market as well as key regulatory needs of the Life Sciences industry. Our customers include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, IP driven companies, law firms, and a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation and a strong dedication to its customers, employees and community. Reed Tech is a LexisNexis company.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of RELX Group plc, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Number: RTI0012E
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Software Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Miamisburg, Ohio US