Senior Software Engineer
Hi there! Have you noticed that the restaurant industry is changing?
We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously.
As a leading provider of restaurant technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team. If you’ve excelled at every job you’ve held but always thought something was missing, please, read on.
PAR invented the FIRST point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. PAR’s solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries. Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start. We believe our customers want technology that is open and fast that enables their ability to innovate.
We’re looking for people who are hungry to go beyond the idea of ‘just a job’. PAR’s not for everyone though: We work hard, and we really reward success. We push ourselves and each other to be better every day. We’re ferocious in battle but gentle in spirit. We’re hands-on people. We keep our room clean and make our bed because details matter. We believe it is better to be fast than big, and that being both is best. We believe diversity creates strong systems and communities. We experiment. Sometimes we break things, but we learn quickly. We’re honest and our intentions are good. And we always offer the last slice of dessert to our guests. We’ve got each other’s and our customers’ backs no matter what.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
ParTech, Inc. is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Brink Point-of-Sale (POS) software development team. This role is highly technical, with opportunities for leadership. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in software development and a passion for designing and implementing robust software solutions.
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of eight (8) years of software development experience, with at least three (3) years of that being with complex systems
- Bachelor’s in computer science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity and comfort with agile software development principles and practices
- Experience with large-scale, distributed, event-based architectures
- Expert-level competency with C# and .NET
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience creating REST based web APIs and/or event-driven consumers
- Familiarity with building and supporting microservices, first-hand experience a plus
- Familiarity with serverless computing, first-hand experience a plus
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and practices
- Experience leveraging common design patterns and practices throughout a distributed system
- Experience with database systems
- Excellent debugging skills
- Strong analysis skills and the ability to synthesize multiple perspectives
- A pragmatic approach to solving problems with off-the-shelf tools
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks and projects to meet deadlines
- Strong written, oral and visual communication skills
- Proactive communication style; ability to question, clarify and document
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Passionate about building next-generation technologies, enjoys fast-paced environments, and loves to code
Why We Need You
- Design and implement solutions to requirements that are easily maintainable, highly scalable, deeply tested, and very high quality
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving complex production system issues, including critical issues that might occur outside of normal business hours
- Obtain a deep level of understanding in areas of the product worked on
- Propose architecture and design optimizations
- Analyze the performance and scalability impact of various in-place and proposed designs
- Act in a lead role for tasks, projects, and possibly teams
- Work with the development and testing teams to ensure consistent, high quality deliveries
- Continually strive for increased efficiency, maintainability, and quality
- Perform peer design and code reviews and provide feedback on areas that need improvement
- Assist in the technical and professional growth of team members
- Take on additional responsibilities that might prove to be needed
- Maintain highly cohesive and collaborative relationships with team members and other coworkers
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality concerning PAR’s and customer’s information