NASA Ames has an ongoing requirement for scientific research, application development, and deployment of advanced information systems technology. This is a critical requirement to the NASA mission and other federal government projects. Join the Noblis team and help NASA research, design and develop next generation technologies that will shape the future of air and space flight missions and operations.
Noblis is looking for qualified candidates to fill a Senior System, Research, Software Engineer position supporting a team of engineers and operations personnel in the areas of research, development, and deployment of tools and spacecraft and aircraft systems in support of NASA’s space, flight, test, and ground missions. The primary place of performance is Mountain View, CA but will support operational needs at neighboring facilities when required.
- Systems Architecture and Design
- System Test and Verification
- Systems Integration into client facility
- Network Management
- Security planning & control of operational systems
- Security planning and development, including embedded operating systems and micro kernels
- Distinguished system developer, research scientist, or software engineer for research/development/engineering advancements
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent degree plus 3+yrs. relevant work experience; or a MS degree with 6+ yrs. related work experience; or a BS degree with 8+ yrs. related work experience
- Recognized as thought leader with multiple technical and formal publications
- Demonstrated and recognized problem solver
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
- 3+ years of experience working with Python, C/C++, and/or Matlab
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.