Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. Software Engineer / Software Architect (life-saving startup, up to $200k+)
Menlo Park, CA
This company is at the intersection of machine learning, analytics, engineering, medicine, and molecular biology. The impact is that they are saving lives, improving the quality of healthcare, lowering the cost of healthcare, and making discoveries and breakthroughs that advance science.
The company has raised a very large round of series A funding, and is rapidly growing. They will offer very competitive salary (ideally up to $200k base, but potentially even more if necessary), plus equity that could be very lucrative.
- Work with a stack that includes Scala, .Net, Python, React, and Haskell
- Hands on Leadership
- About 50% architecting, 50% coding
- Making decisions on the technology stack
- At least 5 years of engineering experience (the more the better)
- Built large scale projects with Java or Scala
- Willing and able to work with a variety of programming languages
- Experience with Linux production environments
- Good knowledge of databases such as MySQL, Redis, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.
- Strong opinions backed by proven experience on how systems should be built
- Have the interest and ability to roll up your sleeves and code as well as architect
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with languages such as Scala, C#, or F#
- Experience with Python
- Experience with data streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, etc)
- Experience with front end technologies such as React, TypeScript, or similar
- Knowledge of Devops, such as Docker, Provisioning, etc
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: