Dealertrack, a brand of Cox Automotive, is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer - DevOps to join our successful Engineering team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our Engineering Team:
Our Software Engineers are passionate influencers who have built a premier software platform for auto dealers and are thinkers with the tenacity to take on the biggest challenges in our industry. We weave collaboration and support into the fabric of everything we do. Hackathons 2-3 times per year offer the opportunity to network and spark innovation. You’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individual talents, cultivates team work and dynamics and provides multiple opportunities for creative problem-solving. Our team members collaborate, and learn from each other to continually improve our practice of software engineering. We forge an environment of mentorship to shape our culture.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on DevOps initiatives, working with AWS technologies and a variety of open source products and frameworks. This candidate will join a stellar team of strong self-motivated developers and engineers building and delivering a CICD Pipeline for our engineering teams. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects – help evolve our existing architecture, reduce complexity, work with teams to improve operations, and implement new features and functions. Beyond automation of common build and deployment activities, we strive for continuous improvement of processes and the integration of best practices. We’re looking for someone who has an interest in DevOps and a passion for getting things done.
Technologies We Use:
.NET Core/Framework, Microservices, AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, etc.), Git, Jenkins/Groovy, Terraform, Node.js, Go, Linux/Bash, Nuget, NPM, Docker, DB2
- Provision and manage highly available and scalable hosting solutions using microservice architecture
- Design, build, and implement complex multi-region network architectures
- Create deployment processes and automation to help teams deliver and deploy to AWS
- Design continuous integration systems that scale
- Design and build monitoring systems that can handle millions of metrics/day
- Consistently exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably Computer Science major, or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of experience with RDBMS (e.g., MySQL) and NoSQL technologies
- Solid understanding of the overall AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, etc.)
- General working knowledge of the full stack of components required to run an application
- Experience managing and supporting large-scale applications and microservices
- Solid understanding of automated deployments and release orchestration
- Experience managing, building and deploying Docker containers
- Github based Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Continuous Integration and automated deployment experience using Jenkins
- Must be comfortable with industry standard build tools including: MSBuild, Npm etc.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc.
- Understanding of Microservices architecture and design concepts
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Service and Application development experience
Preferred (If you have these, we’re thrilled!):
- Unix/Linux/Windows system administration and network troubleshooting skills
- Unix/Linux Shell Programming
- Familiarity with Container Orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm)
- Familiarity with various Cloud monitoring tools (Cloudwatch, Datadog, Splunk)
- Proficiency in networking and network security
- Familiarity with Cloud security tools
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as: AWS ELB, NGINX
- Understanding of the OSI model (Layers 4 and 7)
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (Virtualization, Databases, message queueing, etc.)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as OS (Linux and Windows), Network, Database, Server, Storage etc.
Who We Are + What We Do:
Dealertrack is the leading provider of digital solutions for automotive retail. Combining dealer perspectives, consumer insights, and tech-fueled innovation we’ve built a marketing, sales, and operations platform that’s helping to transform the automotive retail industry. Dealertrack’s offices span 20 locations coast to coast, and each site is committed to nurturing wellness, growth and creativity with fitness centers, wellness classes, training and professional development courses, nutrition-first cafeterias and more.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-UT-South Jordan-10757 S River Front Pkwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing