WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrated experience using, shipping, and supporting these or similar technologies
- Full understanding of REST and how to use it with large object graphs
- Strong database skills with SQL and NoSQL
- Disciplined in writing valid unit tests
- Previously led a agile scrum team
- Knowledge of continuous integration and experience supporting it
- Intimate knowledge and experience working with git: branching, merging, pull requests, etc
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a distributed team
These things are a bonus:
- Hibernate/PostgreSQL experience
- Cassandra experience
- A deep understanding of native iOS and Android Mobile Development
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities:
- To work closely with the Director of Engineering, Software Engineering Manger and peers to identify and champion system architecture changes.
- To work side-by-side with Product Managers to ensure that we deliver to our clients and members a quality product that surpasses their expectations, and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the deliverables of a cross functional team which includes Web, API and Mobile developers
- Helping to lead the technical choices and implementations alongside peers
- Mentoring engineers and sharing knowledge and experiences
- Upholding, advocating and contributing to the Virgin Pulse development standards
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised
- Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to in particular ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Other Skills and Experiences:
- You have outstanding problem solving skillset and years of experience demonstrating them
- You likely have a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or have received related training
- You are an excellent communicator, written and verbal, and comfortable leading software architecture discussions for the features you’ll design and implement
- Your ability to lead and contribute to a technical discussion mirrors your ability to listen and learn from your peers
- You’re more than comfortable at the command line and use it daily
- Technologies come and go, but your passion for learning technologies and applying them to the right projects will make you successful in this position
WHY WORK WITH US
To change businesses and lives for good. That means our people don't just 'go to work'; they spend each day with like-minded, driven colleagues who have passion and want to deliver on this important promise.
Our culture is fast-paced, innovative, dynamic and seriously fun. Lots of companies have a ping pong table; we actually use ours! We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle, regularly get together for social events and have some pretty nice benefits (think paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, annual bonus, investment in your career development, Virgin Tribe membership).
You'll gain international exposure in this role, and even get the opportunity to travel overseas for our annual company conference. All while making a meaningful difference to people's lives.