We are representing our client a large gaming company who has developed a state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. This engine empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming and this is achieved by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Their team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with teams across our client to ship amazing games. This engine powers some of the industries’ most visually stunning games with a deep player experience.
What does this team do?
This team for our client develops the Frostbite engine, multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating new technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Frostbite is setting the bar high and they have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to reach it to ship the next amazing game. They are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
What does an Engineering Manager do?
You will report to the Senior Director, Frostbite Engineering and you will lead and motivate the team to ensure quality, collaboration and communication. This manager would lead teams that migrate the code from a game into the engine and teams that build tools to enhance the rendering of graphics for the games. You will help shape people’s careers and mentor the team in growing and reaching their full potential.
Team and Operational Management
- Manage software engineering teams
- Provide feedback and guidance to help the team perform to a high standard
- Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
- Provide input for departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, effort estimates etc.)
- Help implement process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- Deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Estimate the overall impact of change requests
- Ensure technical problems are resolved
Strategy and Planning
- Coordinate with project partners and product owners
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
- Evaluate and resolve considerations and establish success criteria
- Software development experience
- Leadership experience in a high-tech company, including managing direct reports
- C++ or C# experience
- Distributed development across multiple locations
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related professional work experience