Sr. Solution Consultant with Specialization in Data Warehousing
As a SAS U.S. Professional Services Sr. Solution Consultant with specialization in Data Warehousing, you are responsible for information architecture, data integration, software design and development.
You will relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services projects; focus on the underlying Data Architecture and SAS technology core to develop and implement Enterprise Data Warehouse strategies that support organization initiatives.
- Working closely with customers, you will utilize your experience in a variety of projects, using the latest SAS solutions and technologies, to participate in the scoping, planning, design and implementation of software that improves business processes, supports critical business strategies and helps people make better decisions.
- Lead and direct the work of others to best manage all aspects of the warehouses such as data sourcing, migration, quality, design, and implementation.
- Support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of the solution.
- Lead multiple projects and oversee developers to ensure that specifications are met.
- Build a trusted relationship with client teams to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Extract data from a variety of data sources, transform data, and load it into data warehouses and marts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- 5 years of experience in data warehouse management.
- Clear understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices.
Additional Abilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Develop logical and physical data models (Dimensional)
- Develop mappings of source system data to target data model with business and transformation rules
- Enterprise-level skills: ETL Development, Data Modeling, SAS Programming, and SQL querying.
- Knowledge of one or more database technologies and appliances (Oracle, DB2, TeraData, Greenplum, Hadoop).
- Advanced report design and build experience (SAS, Tableau, other).
- Ability to mentor other staff members.
- Demonstrated leadership/influencer in architecture topics (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks at technical events).
- Experience with at least one ETL/Data Management tool (SAS Data Integration, Informatica, Pentaho, etc.)
- Mapping or geospatial software development experience.
This position will be seated at the client and out of our SAS office in Madison, WI.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.