Job Title: Sr VMWare Engineering (TS/SCI)
Job Code: SAS20201307-47733
Job Location: Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA
L3Harris has an immediate opening for a Sr VMWare Engineer at Vandenberg AFB to design, manage, and configure VMWare, and to write scripts to support operations and test, and support overall system maintenance and troubleshooting (root cause analysis).
- Support fast-moving Agile projects and participate in SCRUM team activities to include writing epics, user stories, and tasks
- Actively participate in CONOPs review, requirements analysis/decomposition, ICDs, message mapping, and design analysis
- Actively participate in System/Software design and system/software performance analysis to identify opportunities, risks, strengths and gap
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, develop, and maintain software on Unix-based and Windows operating systems
- Participate in the design, development, and maintenance of Java software including code inspection, data analysis, and design documentation
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- Support the project management team by producing technical briefings and communicating with the customer
- Participate in trade studies to guide selection of components to ensure requirement satisfaction. Develop/assess course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Participate in meetings with the customer
- Travel < 25% for integration and test support with flexibility to travel to support customer requests
- Act as a liaison to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT field with 6+ years relevant experience; or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT and 4+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent relevant IT experience.
- 6+ years experience with vSphere, vSAN, NSX, vROPs and other VMware products and platforms to include Development/Test/Mission environments.
- 6+ years working experience with firewalls, servers, networks and operating systems.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance highly desired.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required – includes Security+ w/ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP – at time of hire or within 30 days
- Experience with SSN obs processing and satellite catalog maintenance.
- Experience with the integration of a new sensor into SSN operations.
- Experience with C2 center/service system or C2 application system and SSA operations.
- Experience with requirements analysis and systems/software design within projects.
- Experience writing specifications, design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents.
- Experience with Java application development (Eclipse, GUI/ services/IPCs /network messaging).
- Experience in engineering/reverse engineering/modeling (MagicDraw or equivalent) new and existing code.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (Git/SVN/Bitbucket).