Apex Systems is seeking a qualified Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator! The ideal candidate will have strong soft skills, come from a SQL DBA background, and have experience in SQL development.
*Interested candidates may send resumes to email@example.com
*3rd party candidates are not? permitted for this position.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 and newer.
- Experience with query optimization using a variety of methods, for high volume OLTP workloads and long-running reports.
- Relational database modeling experience.
- Heavy experience with writing/optimizing TSQL
- TSQL code reviews
- Familiarity with .NET data access patterns (Entity framework and other ORMs, connection settings, troubleshooting, etc.) for the purpose of communicating changes with developers.
- Understanding of hardware configurations that contribute to performance (CPU/parallelism, storage configuration, networking/latency)
- Understanding of windows security as it relates to database access (SQL logins vis windows authentication, active directory, service accounts, etc.)
- Experience with server monitoring at the SQL and windows level (SQL tools/queries, perfmon, extended events)
- Ability to capture data for performance research and trend analysis.
- Understanding of row store vs. column store indexes
- Ability to communicate effectively to developers and management regarding issues and best practices
- Experience with AWS RDS a plus.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178