ActioNet has an immediate opportunity in Washington, DC for a Senior Sr. SQL/SSBI Developer with experience in analyzing and presenting business or financial data. ActioNet, an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA, works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
The Senior Sr. SQL/SSBI Developer will assist clients with financial/data analysis, budget assistance, and will be responsible for creating and updating Cognos dashboards and ad hoc reports to analyze and present corporate data, and for creating and updating supporting ETL.
- Combine data from various sources to present a complete picture for decision makers
- Design, develop and test solutions for manual and automated integration of data using SSIS
- Design, develop and maintain databases to support data warehouse
- Perform database and query optimization and profiling
- Design data models for the data warehouse
- Provide analysis of business requirements and generate documentation in support of deployments and operations
- Perform data analytics of budget, technical, and performance data to:
- Develop standard and ad hoc reports, and
- Identify trends in business processes; recommend changes and support implementation based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in computer science, information systems, business, or finance
- 3-5 years’ experience with experience working with SQL Server databases, T-SQL and SSIS including experience with data warehousing
- Understanding/experience with relational databases
- Experience performing data analytics and developing visual reports
- Experience supporting data warehouse environment
- Cognos 10 or higher
- working with Cognos reporting and Framework Manager
- Cognos system administration in support of Cognos installations and upgrades, configuration, data integration, and data management
- Experience working with financial systems
- Some understanding of how to work with Transformer or TM1 (Cognos cube technologies)
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required
- Quickly grasp business processes and related data
- Strong analytical skills, assessing processes and data (budget/technical/performance)
- Must be organized and capable of providing quick turnaround support in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to present data visually
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.